- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 100 g red lentils
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 600 ml vegetable broth
- 5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 60 g feta cheese for garnish, crumbled
- 1 tbsp chili oil
1. Add coconut oil to a large soup pot, set over medium heat. Once hot add onions and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Add butternut squash, cook for another 5 minutes, stir. Add tomatoes, zucchini, red lentils, and spices, season with salt and pepper.
2. Add vegetable broth and bring soup to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until butternut squash is tender to fork.
3. When the soup is ready, blend it with an immersion blender till smooth.
4. For serving. Add crumbled feta cheese, fresh basil leaves, and roasted pumpkin seeds.
5. Ladle soup in a bowl and drizzle some chili oil. Enjoy with seaweed chips!
I sea pittige butternutpompoen & feta kaassoep
I sea spiced butternut squash & feta cheese soup
I sea spicy purple carrot dip
The base for the dip next to carrots is silken tofu which adds a silky smooth texture. Besides texture it also adds a whopping 24 grams of protein. This dip spicy purple carrot dip did not come play, it came to slay!