Just for this name alone, we would immediately sprint to the kitchen…. You too? Because there is banana in this recipe, it is called chunky monkey buckwheat porridge. And if you've never cooked with buckwheat before, this is a very healthy recommendation! What's more, you can't do better for your stomach than to start the day with a warm meal. The taste of nuts and chocolate makes this thick porridge even more irresistible. A delicious recipe to start your day right!
- Cutting board and knife
INGREDIENTS CHUNKY MONKEY BUCKWHEAT PAP
For 1 person
- 45 gr Buckwheat grains
- 150 ml (vegetable) milk of your choice
- 2 Dates
- 1 banana
- Block of dark chocolate of your choice
- Handful of mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp BioToday Almond paste
PREPARATION CHUNKY MONKEY BUCKWHEAT Porridge:
- Place the buckwheat grains and milk in a saucepan and cook covered over low heat.
- Stir occasionally so it doesn't burn. Meanwhile, cut the dates into small pieces and add to the porridge after 15 minutes.
- After about 20 minutes the buckwheat is soft and you have a thick porridge. Isn't this the case? Then add some milk and continue cooking.
- Put half of the banana in the porridge and mash well. Break the chocolate and nuts into small pieces and mix with the porridge as well.
- Put the porridge in a bowl and finish with the remaining banana and the almond paste.