You can find green asparagus all year round in the supermarket and at the greengrocer. The same goes for this colorful recipe. And what about cooking with vegetable juice? You use Smaak carrot juice as the basis for a delicious gravy with garlic, ginger and orange. A responsible and tasty recipe!
Preparation time: approx. 40 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 ml Tastes carrot juice
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- 1/2 orange
- 75 g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 400 g green asparagus
- Tastes like olive oil
- 1/2 grilled red bell pepper jar, diced small
- 5 sprigs of dill roughly chopped
- 50 g Tastes pine nuts roasted
- Put the carrot juice with the garlic, ginger and orange half in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil the whole over medium heat until you have about 1/4 left and it becomes a bit syrupy.
- Remove the orange and put the sauce with the butter in a blender. Puree to a smooth, glossy sauce.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm, but do not let it boil.
- Trim the woody ends of the asparagus and peel if necessary. thick specimens with a tough skin. Thinner asparagus can be grilled with the skin on. Rub the asparagus with some olive oil and grill them on all sides in a hot grill pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir the bell peppers and dill into the sauce.
- Arrange the asparagus in a pile in the middle of a dish and generously spoon the sauce over it.
- Finish with the pine nuts.
This recipe is from the Foodies magazine. They started working with the Smaak juices and created three delicious dishes.