For 2 persons
Ingredients for spicy green beans
- 200g green beans
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cm fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 tps turmeric
- 1 tps harissa powder
- 1 tps chili flakes
- 50ml water
- Pepper and salt
Preparation method vegan rendang with rice and spicy green beans
1. Place a large pot of water on the stove and let it boil. You will use this pan for the tomato and green beans later. Meanwhile, cook the rice as well. To do this, place the rice in a pan with plenty of water and put on a high heat until the water boils. When the water is boiling, you can lower the heat and let the rice cook for 8-10 minutes with the lid on the pan.
2. Meanwhile, shell the green beans, cut the onion into half rings and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Make a cross in the top of the tomato and place the tomato in the boiling water for 25 seconds. Remove the tomato and run under cold water. In this way you can now pull the skin off the tomato and cut the tomato into small pieces. Then let the green beans cook in the water for 3 minutes and then also run it under the cold tap. In this way you blanch the green beans and they do not continue cooking after cooking and they get a nice bite.
3. Meanwhile, fry the garlic and onion in another pan. Then add the fresh ginger, turmeric, cayenne powder and chili flakes and fry briefly. Now add the tomato cubes and stir well. Add the water to the pan and let it reduce until you have a thicker sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Lastly, heat the vegan rendang and divide among the plates. Mix the green beans with the spicy sauce and serve next to the rendang together with the rice. Garnish with some fresh parsley and enjoy!