This mild, yet spicy coconut lentil soup is a treat for both young and old. The lentils make it a full vegetable meal and the sweet corn makes this an appealing dish for children as well. Delicious for the in the spring season.
For 4 persons.
Approximately 20 minutes.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tbsp yellow curry paste (from Fair trade, depending on how spicy you like it - keep the rest in portions in the freezer)
- 200 g Smaakt Red split lentils
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 300 g Smaakt Pearl Couscous
- 200 ml organic creamy coconut milk
- 1 jar of 'Smaakt Corn
- Fresh herbs, to garnish
- Hand blender
- Soup pan
- Heat the oil in a large wok or soup pan and fry the onion with a pinch of salt. After 2 minutes add the garlic, fry for a while and then add the yellow curry paste. Add the lentils to the pan and stir well before pouring in the stock. Turn the heat down slightly and let the lentils cook in the broth for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pearl couscous according to the instructions on the package. Rinse the corn kernels and drain.
- When the lentils are cooked, puree the soup with a hand blender until smooth. Stir the coconut milk and corn into the soup. Serve with the couscous and garnish with fresh herbs.