These ricotta pancakes are super fluffy, easy to make and sweetened with maple syrup. This gives pancakes a slightly caramel-like taste. Top them off with whipped cream (or full-fat cottage cheese for a slightly healthier version), chopped dark chocolate and almonds. Great when making a Christmas breakfast from a Christmas breakfast.
for 8 - 10 ricotta pancakes with maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (oat) milk
- 250 g ricotta
- 3 tbsp maple syrup @BioToday
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 g flour (possibly gluten-free)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- small pinch of salt
- toppings: dark chocolate, almond paste, whipped cream and extra maple syrup!
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, ricotta, maple syrup and sunflower oil until there are no lumps.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Then add to the bowl with the ricotta mixture and stir well.
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and spoon small heaps of batter into the pan. Say about three per cooking pot.
- Bake the pancakes for 3 minutes on medium heat and then carefully turn them over.
- Cook the other side for 2 more minutes.
- Stack the pancakes and decorate with the toppings.