A tasty pizza is always in order. Making a pizza is even more fun when you have to make the base yourself. And we go a step further: in this recipe we also use home-made pesto. It doesn't get any more authentic than this and it gives you that real Italian feeling at home! Moreover, this pizza dough mix contains 90% fewer carbohydrates than ordinary mixes. A win-win situation, in other words. Top with some fresh nectarines and burrata. Enjoy!
For 2 pizzas.
Approximately 20 minutes.
- 1 pack of Smaakt Less Carb mix for pizza dough
- 80 ml water
- 140 g grated cheese
- 8 eggs
- 4 nectarines
- 2 balls of burrata
- 2 handfuls of rocket salad
- Pepper and salt
Ingredients for the pesto
- 35 g fresh basil
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Handful of cashew nuts (or other nuts of your choice)
- Food processor
1. Preheat the oven to 185 degrees.
2. Mix the water, grated cheese, 8 eggs and the flour from the packet into a nice dough ball and let it rest for 10 minutes in cling film.
3. Divide the dough into two parts and shape the dough into two pizza bases. Bake the bases in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the pesto and mix all the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor. Also cut the nectarines into slices.
5. Cover the pizza with the pesto and nectarines and then bake in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Take the pizzas out of the oven and finally top with the burrata and rocket and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.