A 3-layer vegan and gluten-free indulgence cake, from Nutritional Lou, consisting of a layer of crunchy nuts, a creamy coconut cream layer and a layer of chocolate ganache. A kind of Bounty, but much tastier! In addition, you only need 8 ingredients for this recipe (not counting the pinch of salt)! I'm warning you, once you start with this pie, you'll be unstoppable. The taste is so tempting.
- Baking tin 12cm
- baking paper
1st Layer: Nut Date
2nd Layer: Coconut Cashew
- 75 gr cashews soaked
- 110 ml coconut milk full of fat
- 1½ tbsp RAW Agave Syrup
- 2 tbsp raw coconut oil
3rd layer: Chocolate Ganache
- 110 gr (vegan) chocolate dark or milk
- 110 ml coconut milk
- Soak the cashew nuts in plenty of cold water (for at least 4 hours or put them in a Tupperware container with plenty of water the night before and put them away in the fridge).
- I use a smaller 12-cm baking pan, you can double the quantities if you want to make a larger cake. Line the baking pan with baking paper.
- TIP: Do you want to speed up the stiffening process? Place the cake in the freezer for plus/minus 10 minutes at a time.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain them well
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry pan over medium heat. Remove from the heat when they turn golden brown, and let cool in a separate bowl. Then add the coconut to the hot pan, let the coconut color lightly brown. Remove the pan from the heat and let the coconut cool on a cold surface.
- Put the whole thing in a blender. First grind the almonds fine (almost fine, small chunks are fine). Then add the dates and coconut. Blend until a sticky date dough forms. Line the bottom of the baking tin with the date dough, press evenly with your fingers or use a damp spoon. Place in the fridge and let it set.
- Put the whole thing in a blender, blend the drained cashew nuts with the coconut milk. Then add the agave syrup and coconut oil. Mix until you get a creamy cream (without pieces of cashew). Pour the mixture on top of the bottom, and put it back in the fridge to set.
- Start the last step when the 2nd layer has set. Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a saucepan. When the coconut milk is almost boiling, remove the pan from the heat and add the (chopped) chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and mixed with the coconut milk. Let the ganache cool for a while and then pour it on top of the 2nd layer. Put the cake back in the fridge and let the ganache harden.