This healthy pearl couscous salad is great when family and friends are spontaneously staying for dinner at a party, but it's also a hit as a quick weekday lunch. You can easily keep it in the fridge for a few days and then take it with you in a lunch box. Easy, quick and full of healthy nutrients. That's how we want to see it of course!
- 200 grams of Delicious pearl couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell bell pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 150 grams chickpeas (jar or can, drained)
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- juice of ¼ lemon
- black pepper
- Cooking pan
- Frying pan
- Put the pearl couscous in a saucepan with 600 ml of water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the couscous is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the zucchini, bell bell pepper, salt and Italian seasoning and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat. The vegetables should be warm inside but still crisp.
- Drain the pearl couscous and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the sautéed vegetables, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and remaining olive oil and mix well.
- Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Serve the salad immediately or store in the refrigerator for the next day.